KEYNOTE: CHANGE IN THE FACE OF CONFLICT: THE STORY OF FC SHAKHTAR DONETSK
The Shakhtar Donetsk story is nothing short of extraordinary. Despite having to play their ‘home games’ outside of Donetsk since 2014 due to the ongoing conflict with Russia, as well as having player contracts suspended by FIFA in 2022, the club has shown remarkable resilience to continue to thrive. Hear how the club has operated in a period of uncertainty and change, including:
- The impact of FIFA’s decision to suspend player and coaching contracts in 2022
- How they’ve continued to be successful on the pitch, despite disruption
- How they’ve built a culture of resilience at the club
THE TRANSFORMATION OF BURNLEY FC
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
In this insightful organisational change masterclass with the Clarets’ Chief Operating Officer, you’ll learn how Burnley F.C.’s relegation essentially helped the club to start from scratch, rebuild, and succeed both on and off the pitch.
Specific points will include:
- What was the impact of the Alan Pace-led takeover?
- What happened post-relegation?
- What are Burnley’s plans for the future?
LEADING THE DEVELOPMENT OF WOMEN'S SPORTS
ANNA KESSEL MBE
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
As governing bodies, leagues, broadcasters, and brands increase their commitments to the growth of women’s sports, we’ll hear from leading executives looking to supercharge that growth.
Specific topics include:
- Gender pay disparity, underrepresentation in the media and female empowerment
- The role of technology in shaping the sporting experience for women
- How changes in boardroom leadership and organisational culture are driving commercial opportunities and progress from the top down
KEYNOTE: DAZN MEETS: ANDREA RADRIZZANI
CEO, NORTH AMERICA
DAZN recently announced an agreement to acquire the ELEVEN Group’s global sports media businesses. The deal expected to expand DAZN’s capabilities in the live sports streaming sector and establishes DAZN as a global leader in this rapidly evolving space. In this exclusive conversation we’ll delve into the following topics:
- Why did DAZN buy Eleven? What did DAZN see?
- Fan engagement strategies: How do you engage the modern day fan and younger audiences in general?
- The future of sports broadcasting. It’s expensive, can a business be built just on sport alone?
- The future of rights. Will rights come down?
- With the acquisition, what is the future of DAZN?
WHY IT PAYS TO BE PURPOSE DRIVEN
CHIEF PURPOSE OFFICER
GLOBAL SPONSORSHIP STRATEGY LEAD
SENIOR MANAGER, COMMERCIAL STRATEGY
Purpose-driven sponsorships are not just a moral imperative, they’re a financial one too. Hear from leading rights holders SailGP and Liverpool, alongside their purpose-driven partners Cognizant and Pledgeball, about why purpose is at the heart of their operations, including:
- How Cognizant supports SailGP in measuring sustainable impact
- Liverpool FC’s environmental and social equality commitments
- Why SailGP’s Impact League ties purpose to performance
THE CHANGING ROLE OF THE ATHLETE
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT & HEAD OF GLOBAL FOOTBALL
Athletes don’t just do their talking on the field and nor should they. Instead, they are increasingly purpose-driven advocates with a significant media and audience platform to share their views. Hear from leading athletes and their representatives on how the athlete’s role has changed and what that means, including:
- The importance of purpose-driven athlete partnerships
- Why fans increasingly follow players over teams
- What the next generation athlete looks like
HOW TO DELIVER A DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
CEO, DIGITAL PRODUCTS & EXPERIENCES
CHIEF PRODUCT OFFICER
The digitisation of the way we watch, broadcast, attend, consume and engage with sports is ever-evolving. Hear from leading voices about how they’re working to connect and monetise their respective fanbase and implement an transformative digital strategy.
Specific topics include:
- Creating sticky digital experiences to develop more meaningful engagement with fans
- Rewarding fans for their loyalty
- Merging the digital and physical fan journey
BREAKING DOWN THE FC BARCELONA X SPOTIFY PARTNERSHIP
CHIEF MARKETING & REVENUE OFFICER
VP & GLOBAL HEAD OF PREMIUM BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
In March 2022 Spotify and FC Barcelona announced a first-of-its-kind partnership to bring music and football together. Take a closer look at the expansive agreement to unpick the key goals for both parties, including:
- How the deal enables both parties to capture new audiences in new markets
- Women in music and sport: increasing exposure of Barca Women’s Team & female content creators
- Growing features and content offerings to increase subscription value
- The strategy behind combining storytelling and innovative tech to deliver sport to a Gen-Z audience